In this special bonus episode of The Science of Economic Freedom, “Tariffs, Rate Hikes, Facebook and Investor Behavior,” we discuss the key drivers of the current market volatility, as well as some key points for investors to keep in focus, including:
• The Trump administration’s plan to impose tariffs on Chinese goods, and the possibility of a trade war
• The Fed’s hiking of interest rates
• The decline and continued pressure on tech story-stock Facebook
• How investors should assess and react to the headlines
• Why looking at the market with a short-term lens is almost always counterproductive
• Understanding the nature and frequency of market corrections
• How to avoid bad financial habits, and how to cultivate good financial habits
You are leaving the Mercer Global Advisors website and will be redirected to the Science of Economic Freedom (SOEF) website. SOEF is brought to you by Mercer Advisors Inc., the parent company of Mercer Global Advisors Inc., and is not involved with investment services. Mercer Global Advisors Inc. is an SEC-registered investment adviser headquartered in Denver, CO.
The Science of Economic Freedom website should not be construed by any consumer and/or prospective client as Mercer Advisors’ solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect, transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet. Furthermore, information on the SOEF website should not be construed, in any manner whatsoever, as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from Mercer Advisors.