Investment Management & Planning Services
Investing your life’s savings
is serious business.
It is a means to an end, and it all starts with your financial plan. We believe high-quality financial planning is a prerequisite to a successful investing experience.
Whether working, retired, or somewhere in between, our investment advisors ensure each client’s portfolio is tailored to meet his or her unique needs.
Mercer Advisors Tailors Your Portfolio to Your Unique Needs
- Building, managing, and monitoring an asset allocation with the highest probability of success that’s unique to your time horizon, financial needs, and risk tolerance.
- Optimizing your portfolio across taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free accounts, taking into account your income level, capital gains, and our capital market assumptions.
- For clients who express a desire for an ESG-specific portfolio, we can invest in companies with high environmental, social, and governance ratings.
A Multifaceted Approach to Investment Management
You invest to achieve specific financial goals. Our role is to ensure our portfolio management reliably helps clients achieve those goals. But investment returns are not free; the more return sought, the more risk must be undertaken. Our globally diversified, low-cost portfolios can deliver the highest probability of investment success.
Taxes can significantly erode investment returns. To help achieve superior after-tax returns, we work with our clients to ensure their portfolios are integrated with their overall financial plan and tax situation. Our clients benefit from a proactive tax planning strategy that works to help minimize tax liability for current and future years. Studies show that proper tax management can add up to 1% per year to long-term returns.3
When working with a trusted financial advisor, you’ll partner with a specialist who can help you understand the impact of certain decisions on your financial plan. Your advisor will get to know you, your family, and your goals, to provide tailored one-on-one guidance and oversight.
An Investment Committee Focused on You
As a fiduciary, we manage your wealth with the same care and diligence with which we manage our own.
We understand that clients entrust to us their life savings, and that no two clients are alike. Some come to us with unique tax challenges, difficult family dynamics, or personal social values that they’d like to see incorporated in their portfolio. All clients share a desire to have their wealth managed using the best thinking available. Mercer Advisors is innovatively positioned to deliver on all these fronts, while helping to meet your investment goals.
Unlike many firms where a single advisor or perhaps the owners of a firm make all investment decisions, we have a separate 16-member investment committee that oversees investment research, policies, portfolios, and managers.
Sharing our knowledge
- See Eugene F. Fama and Kenneth R. French, “The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns,” The Journal of Finance (June 1992); and Asness, Moskowitz, & Pedersen, “Value and Momentum Everywhere,” Chicago Booth Research Paper No. 12-53 Fama-Miller Working paper (November 2012).
- Envestnet|PMC Quantitative Research Group, “Capital Sigma: The Return on Advice,”
- Envestnet|PMC Quantitative Research Group, “Capital Sigma: The Return on Advice,” p.3’