Financial Advisors in Rochester
Located just off I-490 toward Eastview Mall, our Rochester office combines CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, investment strategists, CPAs, and estate planning attorneys under one roof, to help you achieve your goals.
375 Woodcliff Drive
Fairport, New York 14450
Hours: 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday
Mercer Advisors has over 35 years of experience in financial planning and wealth management services, such as investment management, retirement planning, estate planning, corporate trusts, tax planning and preparation, and more. We’ll match you with a financial advisor in Rochester that best fits your needs. Our wealth advisors will take the time to fully understand your financial situation and goals and guide you on the path to grow your wealth, attain Economic Freedom™, and succeed in your life journey.
Solutions to Help Maximize Your Wealth
We specialize in helping individuals, families, and businesses with comprehensive wealth management services including:
- Retirement planning
- Trusts and estate planning
- Tax planning and return filing
- Insurance analysis
- Long term care / Medicare planning
- Company retirement plans
- Social security optimization
- Tax efficient investing
- Socially responsible investments
- Foundations & non-profits
- Donor advised funds & charitable trusts
- Education / college planning
- Cash flow / budget optimization
Meeting the Needs of the Rochester Community
We serve clients in Rochester and western New York with a blend of financial- and tax-planning strategies—so you can keep more of your wealth. In addition, our comprehensive estate-planning group provides the tools you need to safeguard your legacy and protect the assets you pass on to your loved ones.
Our team’s specialties include:
Our retirement solutions enable you to build income and minimize taxes, so you can retire comfortably. Our investment process is tailored to meet your needs, whether you’re nearing retirement or already retired. Here are some of the key actions we take:
- Create retirement income. This process begins with creating a financial plan that assesses your wealth, debt obligations, and spending habits. Then we help structure your investments to create a dependable, paycheck-like income during your retirement years. You achieve this goal by drawing upon an array of income sources such as social security, employer pensions, annuities, and investment withdrawals from your uniquely designed investment portfolio.We think in terms of three wealth “buckets” from where you can access income:
- A cash reserve bucket that you can draw upon immediately as needed
- An income bucket composed of fixed income securities, such as bonds and annuities
- A growth bucket composed of low-cost, globally diversified investments that are regularly rebalanced
We provide a customized plan that highlights what you need to do to retire and what type of investment portfolio we will manage for you. No two portfolios are alike. The result is a custom blueprint for building a steady paycheck in retirement, so you can live your best possible life.
- Minimize taxes in retirement. We help structure your investment accounts in ways that allow you to retire with more of the money you’ve earned. Our integrated tax-management process addresses all aspects of your wealth to minimize your liability in retirement.We look at specific factors for your wealth buckets, including:
- Cash – When you will need money, which accounts you will pull from – and the order in which you do it – plus timing and funding of a major purchase may result in unnecessary taxes.
- Income – How the choice of individual bonds or bond funds affects risk, return, and your taxes.
- Growth – How the decision to use individual securities, mutual funds, or exchange-traded funds affects your taxes; and how this decision affects your tax rate, Medicare premium cost, and portfolio risk.
We formulate our tax recommendations after reviewing all your sources of retirement income, including social security, untapped annuities, and equity from your home.
Integrated Investment and Tax Planning
Your advisor coordinates all your investment and tax management needs. With one pair of eyes trained on all your needs, your advisor can more readily spot real-time opportunities for growth and sidestep unintended tax traps.
Our experienced Rochester team is ready to help you control your taxable income levels through:
- Building tax-managed investment portfolios
- Creating a financial plan that also serves as a tax-management roadmap and encompasses your charitable goals
- Unwinding your concentrated stock positions
- Understanding your tax-smart savings options to fund a future college education, retirement, and other goals.
Plus, we can even prepare your tax returns.1
Meet Your Rochester Team
Regional Vice President
Client Advisor and Principal Emeritus
Client Advisor and Branch Manager
Regional Sales Associate
Regional Vice President
Mary Jean Short
WROC Interview with Jamie Block about Important Changes for Retirees and their DistributionsRead More
Jamie Block Discusses Roth IRA conversions with RochesterFirst.comRead More
Mercer Advisors Takes ESG to a New LevelRead More
Mercer Boosts Female Leadership with New HireRead More
New Legislation Impacts Retirement PlanningRead More
1Tax preparation and tax filing are a separate fee from our investment management and planning services.
2019 Barron’s, Advisors who wish to be ranked fill out a 102-question survey about their practice. We verify that data with the advisors’ firms and with regulatory databases and then we apply our rankings formula to the data to generate a ranking. The formula features three major categories of calculations: (1) Assets (2) Revenue (3) Quality of practice.
2019 Private Asset Management (PAM), Mercer Advisors was awarded the Best Private Wealth Manager for firms with over $5 billion dollars in assets under management. Mercer Advisors was selected as the winner from among eight shortlisted entrants. The PAM Awards, organized by Private Asset Management magazine, are designed for investment professionals and wealth advisors, operating within the private asset management industry and are held annually. Candidates are invited to submit responses in several categories to demonstrate developments to their business model, financial progress in business performance and service offerings. Selection is determined by growth in clients and employees, client satisfaction, and product Innovation over the course of the previous year. Winners are determined by an independent panel of industry experts and the PAM editorial team. For more information on Private Asset Management (PAM), visit fundintelligence.global.
Investor.com – The 94 financial advisory firms listed were selected using a rigorous Trust algorithm, which sorts through 23 million data points from the SEC, FINRA and manual compilations regularly. The qualifiers for the 2020 Firms to Watch are firms that hold fiduciary status, have a secure website, have a fee-only model, do not have common conflicts of interest, do not have a 12b1 conflict and wrapped up 2019 with clean disciplinary records. It is important to note that the list is not based on how many years these advisory firms have been registered or their total assets under management (AUM).