Talk to Us.
If you suspect a scam, there are a few important steps you should take right away:
1. Call your financial institutions and make them aware of the scam.
2. Freeze your credit by calling the three credit bureaus.
3. Contact your local police or sheriff’s office to report the scam.
4. In case of Identity theft file a complaint with IdentityTheft.gov
5. File a complaint with the FTC online
6. File a complaint with the FBI online
7. File a complaint with your state attorney general office Find AG
Because all scams are different, you might have to reach out to a number of other local, state, and federal agencies depending on your situation.