In this episode of The Science of Economic Freedom, “What You Need to Know About Your 401(k),” you’ll discover what we consider to be the five best practices when managing your 401(k)-type accounts. Subjects in this podcast include:
• Why you need to participate, save and maximize your retirement accounts.
• Limits and catch-up provisions.
• Taking advantage of your company’s employee “match.”
• How to assess and self-select your investment risk tolerance.
• Key concepts to understand when conducting a quarterly review of your accounts.
• Why it’s essential that you “take your 401(k) with you,” i.e. rollovers, etc.
• Investment choices and “target maturity funds.”
• Other must-know concepts, lingo and frequently asked 401(k) questions.
Jun 8, 2018
Nov 1, 2018
Apr 29, 2018
Aug 15, 2018
May 9, 2019
You are leaving the Mercer Global Advisors website and will be redirected to the Science of Economic Freedom (SOEF) website. SOEF is brought to you by Mercer Advisors Inc., the parent company of Mercer Global Advisors Inc., and is not involved with investment services. Mercer Global Advisors Inc. is an SEC-registered investment adviser headquartered in Denver, CO.
The Science of Economic Freedom website should not be construed by any consumer and/or prospective client as Mercer Advisors’ solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect, transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet. Furthermore, information on the SOEF website should not be construed, in any manner whatsoever, as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from Mercer Advisors.