In this episode of The Science of Economic Freedom, “What You Need to Know About Your 401(k),” you’ll discover what we consider to be the 5 best practices when managing your 401(k)-type accounts. Subjects in this podcast include:
• Why you need to participate, save and maximize your retirement accounts.
• Limits and catch-up provisions.
• Taking advantage of your company’s employee “match.”
• How to assess and self-select your investment risk tolerance.
• Key concepts to understand when conducting a quarterly review of your accounts.
• Why it’s essential that you “take your 401(k) with you,” i.e. rollovers, etc.
• Investment choices and “target maturity funds.”
• Other must-know concepts, lingo and frequently asked 401(k) questions.