Holistic Financial Planning
Financial planning is the foundation
for your entire financial journey.
It connects all the components of a comprehensive wealth management plan, including investments, taxes, estates, and corporate trusts, acting as a roadmap to help ensure your long-term goals are met. For example, if you want to retire early, a financial plan will help you determine what you need to save annually, the investment returns required, and the overall net worth you need to obtain in order to maintain your desired lifestyle in retirement.
As a Mercer Advisors client, you will work with a financial advisor who leads the client team, including a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. CFP® professionals have thousands of hours of experience providing financial planning services, passed a rigorous examination, and are held to strict fiduciary and ethical standards.
What to expect when working with a Mercer Advisors financial planner
A financial advisor provides advice on your investments, such as retirement accounts, estate, taxes, and children’s education plans. Here are a few examples of financial planning services that may be included when working with Mercer Advisors:
- Investment management: Investing your life’s savings is serious business. We believe investing is a means to an end, and it all starts with your financial plan. We believe high-quality financial planning services are a prerequisite to a successful investing experience. Our factor-based investment philosophy is based on academic research.
- Estate planning: From foundational estate planning basics to intricate planning issues such as complex assets (a business), complicated family situations (you and your spouse have children from a previous marriage), or other circumstances (special needs or medical issues), our estate planning strategists work in concert with our advisors to help you prepare for countless life scenarios.
- Tax planning: When you work with an accountant to prepare your taxes, or if you file your tax return yourself, you look at the past year and how your finances were impacted. Mercer Advisors takes a proactive approach to tax planning to help you better understand what your tax situation may look like in the future and how the decisions you make today can affect your future wealth.
- Retirement planning: A comprehensive approach to retirement planning considers tax planning, investment management, estate planning, and much more. Our team of professionals analyze and develop strategies to help you set and meet your retirement goals.
- Education planning: Higher education is expensive. If you want to help your children or dependents pay for college, financial planning can help.
- Budgeting: A financial planner will propose a budget based on your personal situation to help guide you in your spending according to your financial situation.
The exact services offered by a financial planner will vary based on the individual. Make sure your financial advisor offers services that address your needs.
Your Financial Advisor Will:
- Listen to your individual situation to uncover your financial goals and consider all your wealth management needs, from lifestyle and retirement to charitable giving and legacy.
- Prepare and analyze your balance sheet, including net worth, cash flow planning, saving, and budgeting.
- Manage your investments, income taxes, retirement, estate plans, and children’s education plans, and show you how it all works together to help you achieve Economic Freedom™.
- Identify potential risks to you and your loved ones so that you may keep more of your wealth and don’t have to worry about you or your family’s financial future.
With Mercer Advisors, you gain a holistic financial planning partner who can help you protect those who matter most and what you’ve worked so hard to build. We’re here to listen to your “What if?” and your “What now?” questions.
Mercer Advisors is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice to clients. All estate planning documentation preparation and other legal advice is provided through its affiliation with Advanced Services Law Group, Inc.