Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:11 — 26.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
In this episode, you’ll learn about many of the favorable new laws designed to benefit pass-through entities. And, if you take the appropriate steps now, you could save tens of thousands of dollars in taxes in the year ahead.
- Key topics covered in this podcast include:
How to take advantage of IRS Rule 199A, which allows for a 20% qualified business income (QBI) deduction on pass-through entities.
- Service businesses vs. non-service businesses, and the different income caps and rules governing that 20% income deduction.
- How to rethink your retirement plan contributions so that you can qualify for the pass-through entity income deductions.
- Should you restructure your business to take better advantage of the QBI? Should you restructure real estate holdings, as that income is treated different under the new law?
- Why you need to revisit your retirement account options, including defined contribution and defined benefit plans.
- The new rules for automobile expenses and depreciation.