Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:28 — 55.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
In this episode of the Science of Economic Freedom podcast, “Best Practices in Estate Planning,” I speak with Jeremiah H. Barlow, JD, Head of Family Wealth Services at Mercer Advisors. Jeremiah is an expert in estate planning, and he has a unique way of explaining the sometimes-difficult concepts associated with this subject in an easily understandable, anecdotal, and entertaining way.
In this podcast, you’ll find out:
- The latest thinking when it comes to estate planning for Mercer Advisors’ clients.
- Strategies deployed today that could have a meaningful impact on legacy planning.
- What has changed on the estate-planning front because of the new tax laws.
- The importance of medical directives.
- The best and worst states for estate tax issues.
- The 2012 Supreme Court ruling that changed the law regarding inherited IRAs.
- The benefits of a retirement trust.
- Avoiding the mishandling of beneficiary designations.
- Making sure you adjust your estate plan for legal and life changes.
- Plus, much more.
Estate planning is one of those areas of personal finance that tends to go without attention for years and years, but it shouldn’t. If you want to expand your knowledge of estate planning, a good start is my discussion here with Jeremiah.