Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:10 — 40.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
How did the markets perform in the first half of 2018? How do you make sense of all the market action through the first half? In this special bonus episode of the Science of Economic Freedom podcast, we go over all of the key market data from the first six months of the year. More importantly, we put that data in context for the individual investor.
Topics in this show include:
- The economic indicators, and why they are very positive.
- The strength of the U.S. dollar and its influence on international markets.
- The Fed’s rate-hike strategy and why “normalizing” rates is a good thing.
- Why market valuations have come down in 2018.
- Why volatility so far in 2018 is normal.
- Why momentum and growth stocks continue to outperform value stocks.
- How to assess your portfolio against the first half backdrop.
- Where the second-half opportunities could be.