Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:57 — 42.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
In this episode of the Science of Economic Freedom, “Volatility Ahead of the Election,” we discuss what you really need to do right now—and you’ll be surprised to learn that it doesn’t have much to do with buying and selling equities.
Some of the key issues we cover in this episode include:
- A rundown of the numbers in the major indices, and how the second correction in the equity markets this year is playing out.
- How to reinterpret hyperbolic headlines and why this market correction is normal.
- How our “factor investing” approach to markets helps Mercer Advisors manage client portfolios during market downturns.
- Should investors be doing anything differently right now from an asset allocation standpoint?
- What could happen to stocks if Democrats gain control of the House of Representatives?
- The prognosis for emerging markets over the next couple of years.
- Why you shouldn’t be worried about the daily action in stocks prices, and why you should be focused on what you are in control of in your financial life.
- The “dos” and “don’ts” of how to approach the markets—and your financial life.
These issues, and much more, are discussed in much greater detail in our new feature on the Mercer Advisors’ website, and it’s our latest client webinar. This webinar was recorded this week, and features Chief Investment Officer Don Calcagni, Chairman Emeritus Drew Kanaly, and Podcast Host Doug Fabian.
To listen to this client webinar, simply click here.